Friday, January 16, 2009

It is so cold!!! Burrrrr. Today the high is 25 but right now it is 7 with a wind chill of -2! I am trying to get the kids ready to head out to my regular Friday Moms and More meeting at Cokesbury United Methodist Church but wow is it cold. They each are looking like snowmen. And I am questioning my decision. Let me ask y'all something. I am originally from Vicksburg, Ms and it is nothing but hot there so this has never been an issue, but in Knoxville they are closing schools and opening schools late today. I am confused. There is no ice or rain or snow. It is just crazy cold. What is the deal? If you know clue me in please.

1 comment:

  1. I don’t know if you want family to respond to your questions but here goes. From you SIL that has lived in the cold, the reason they usually close the schools or have delayed openings on the really frigid days is the kids standing out at the bus stop could get hurt being exposed to the excessive cold. If it is certain schools that are closing, they may be having heat trouble. Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete